Pure Energy Latex Technology
Natural Latex and Its Benefits
A natural latex mattress is the best choice for people who suffer from allergies or who are often sensitive to such irritants like dust mites that are often found in traditionally manufactured mattresses. While many people may think they are trading one potential allergic reaction for another when choosing a natural latex mattress, they will be relieved to find out that all natural latex mattresses are inherently hypoallergenicdue to the rigorous cleaning process the rubber is subjected to before being made into a mattress core. This process is known as Vulcanization, and it guarantees that a mattress will be allergen free for its entire lifespan. In addition to the hypoallergenic properties of a natural latex mattress, a latex mattress is among the most comfortable and durable mattresses available on the market today. The material naturally contours to a person’s body shape, providing them with more support and far less tension than a regular coil mattress or memory foam. It also does a better job at regulating a person’s body temperature while they sleep, due to the breathable, open cell design of the natural latex core.
Common Types of Latex
When searching for a natural latex mattress, there are two types of latex that you are likely to find that many mattresses are made from. Both of these natural latexes are derived from the rubber tree that can be found on three different continents known as the Brasiliensis. In addition, all the natural latex used to produce mattresses made from these types of rubber is thoroughly processed and cleaned using the Vulcanization method to ensure they will be free of allergy causing proteins and other impurities.
There are NO reports in medical literature of a latex allergy to a vulcanized mattress or pillow.
See The Study
Talalay Latex is among the most common types of latex used in the mattress manufacturing industry. Once processed, the natural latex is completely hypoallergenic, and can provide a person with a mattress that is superior in terms of comfort and durability. Some specific benefits include:
- Talalay is up to 7x more breathable than other latex or foam materials available due to the fact that the open cells in the latex are more resistant to collapsing, allowing for an increase in air flow circulating in the mattress during sleep.
- Talalay is among the most hypoallergenic latex materials and is extremely resistant to mold, mildew and bacteria that causes illness.
- The mattress is unmatched in its durability and breathability, allowing for a consistently comfortable and restful sleep each night without tossing and turning.
With the addition of CELLIANT® fibres, this type of latex is among the most effective when it comes to producing mattresses that provide a superior sleeping experience. The CELLIANT fibres are added to the latex during the pouring process, and are clinically proven to promote the body’s natural recovery process, while also providing a great night’s sleep. Major benefits include:
- An increase in blood flow and circulation caused by the addition of the CELLIANT fibres which are scientifically proven to accelerate the body’s natural recovery process.
- Reduction in disturbances caused by the motions of a sleeping partner.
- Made with long lasting, environmentally sustainable materials designed to regulate body temperature during sleep to increase comfort levels.
Natural Latex FAQs
Derived entirely from the rubber tree, natural latex starts out as a liquid resin that resembles the look of milk. This liquid is whipped and baked at a high temperature, and then processed using a 5-step cleaning method known as Vulcanization to ensure that it is clean and free of allergens, while the finished product remains completely biodegradable.